General Instructions for Callbacks:
- Pick up your “sides” AKA audition scenes from the plays. If you are called back for designated roles, take only those sides.
- Become familiar with the sides. You don’t need to memorize! It’s better to create some strong characteristics for each part you’re reading. Look at the character descriptions posted for inspiration and guidance. It’s OK to ask questions!
- Be on time for your callback session. You are being judged on how you work as well as how you perform. Focus, discipline, and generosity to scene partners are all on display. Directors want the best actor for each part, and part of that is being a reliable collaborator.
- At callbacks, ask lots of questions. Listen carefully to directors’ requests. They are measuring how well you take direction. If they ask you to “struggle as you deliver the news” (for example) make strong choices in that direction. Don’t worry about going over the top.
- YOU MAY GET A PART WITHOUT BEING CALLED BACK!
Fly by Night
Callbacks: Wednesday 3:30-5:30
Thanks to everyone who auditioned! It was a pleasure hearing from each and every one of you.
If your name appears at the link below, please review the vocal selections for each character you are called for. There will also be some acting scenes.
Please familiarize yourself with the show, songs, scenes, and characters and come in ready to play. There will be no dance audition.
A Little Box of Oblivion