General Instructions for Callbacks:
- Download your “sides” AKA audition scenes from the plays.
- Become familiar with the sides. You don’t need to memorize! It’s better to create some strong characteristics for each part you’re reading. Look at the character descriptions posted for inspiration and guidance. It’s OK to ask questions!
- Be on time for your callback session. You are being judged on how you work as well as how you perform. Focus, discipline, and generosity to scene partners are all on display. Directors want the best actor for each part, and that includes being a reliable collaborator.
- At callbacks, ask lots of questions. Listen carefully to directors’ requests. They are measuring how well you take direction. If they ask you to “struggle as you deliver the news” (for example) make strong choices in that direction. Don’t worry about going over the top.
- YOU MAY GET A PART WITHOUT BEING CALLED BACK!
Callbacks: Wednesday 3:30-5:30
Callbacks: Thursday 3:30-5:30
Callback list is here. The list of sides is the second tab.